- About Us
- Free Estimate
Long Distance Moving Experts boast a very long experience in the moving industry. We have highly trained all our employees to handle your relocation professionally. We are a customer focused company with many successful interstate relocations behind us. Our professional movers possess the skills necessary to ensure your belongings get to your new home in perfect condition. We offer a wide variety of moving services, including:
– Complimentary in-home moving price estimate
– Corporate moving (moving a business)
– Packing/unpacking and transporting your household goods
– Insurance and risk protection for all your belongings
– Long or short term storage in secure, controlled units
– Car shipping services
– And so much more.
If you are moving to St. Louis, leave the hard work to us. While our moving experts do the heavy lifting, you can take some time to learn more about the city you are moving to.
St. Louis, Missouri lies along the western bank of the Mississippi River. It is located on the border with the state of Illinois. St. Louis is the cultural and economic center of the Greater St. Louis area. St. Louis is home to around 320,000 people, while almost 3 million reside in its metro area. To learn more about the demographics of St. Louis, Missouri, click here .
The territory that is today St. Louis was first settled by several Native American tribes. Then came the French fur traders who claimed the land. They were the ones who founded the city in the 18th century. If you want to learn more about the history of the city of St. Louis, visit the official website here .
St. Louis lies in between the humid continental and humid subtropical climate zone. It experiences hot, humid summers. Average high temperatures in July are just below 90 °F. Winters in St. Louis are chilly to cold. Average low temperatures in the coldest month of December regularly reach 27 °F. There are no large mountains nor large bodies of water to moderate the city’s temperature.
If you are thinking about corporate moving and are into trade, research, and medical industries, then St. Louis is definitely the right place for you. The economy of the city relies on services, manufacturing, trade, transportation of goods, and tourism. Its metro area is home to major corporations as Express Scripts , Emerson Electric , Monsanto , Reinsurance Group of America , Centene , Graybar Electric , and Edward Jones Investments , Pfizer , the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center , the Solae Company , and Sigma-Aldrich . If you are planning on finding employment once you settle down in St. Louis, this should be a good place to start your job search.
The city of St. Louis is known for its excellent neighborhoods. Regardless of which one you choose for yourself, you are unlikely to end up dissatisfied. That being said, all the neighborhoods are quite unique and distinctive. So in order to make the choice easier for you, we at Long Distance Moving Experts have put together a list of the most livable areas of St. Louis:
– Peabody-Darst-Webbe (Near Southside). This is one of the best neighborhoods for young families, mainly because of the education opportunities it provides. It is also home to a high number of amenities, bars, restaurants, and shops. And the best thing is, the cost of living here is lower than the city’s average.
– Soulard. Soulard is one of the safest neighborhoods in the city. It is also one of the oldest ones. It generally has a laid back vibe, with its historic homes and charming coffee shops.
– The Hill. This area boasts a high per capita income – way higher than the city’s average. It also offers a number of amenities to its residents. However, since it is home to several tourist attractions, it is not exactly peace and quiet there.
– Central West End. The complete safety this neighborhood offers comes at a price – high household prices, to be exact. An average home here goes for over $250,000. This is more than double the city’s average.
– North Hampton. Another good neighborhood for families, just like Near Southside, North Hampton is home to good schools. It also boasts a high household income, as well as the title of one of the most scenic areas in the city.
Have you found the right neighborhood for yourself? Then it is time to start looking for your new home. We suggest you begin your house hunt by clicking here .
If you have students at home or you yourself are moving to St. Louis for school, you will be happy to find that the city offers quite a number of options. The universities in St. Louis include:
– Washington University in St. Louis
– Saint Louis University
– University of Missouri – St. Louis
– St. Louis Community College
– Webster University
– And a number of others. To learn more about the educational opportunities in St. Louis, click here .
The city of St. Louis is famous for its music and the performing arts scene. Blues, jazz, and ragtime communities are particularly prominent. There is always a number of events taking place in the city. If you are more into classical music, the St. Louis Symphony, the second-oldest symphony orchestra in the United States (www.stlsymphony.org) will be more up your alley. Other great activities in the city include:
– St. Louis Zoo
– Missouri Botanical Garden
– Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis
– City Museum
– Busch Stadium
– Forest Park
– And so much more.
If you wish to see more pastime suggestions in St. Louis, click here .
Are you ready to move to St. Louis, Missouri? Long Distance Moving Experts have all your moving needs covered. We will provide you with the highest-quality services at reasonable prices. Feel free to contact our representatives for more information. They will gladly answer all your questions, as well as provide you with the best interstate moving cost estimates in the nation. All you need to do is give Long Distance Moving Experts a call. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Or call us: