- About Us
- Free Estimate
Are you thinking about moving to Santa Cruz, California? Have you found your Santa Cruz movers? Look no further – Long Distance Moving Experts are here for you. We will provide you with the best moving services at reasonable prices. With us, you will get to Santa Cruz in no time and with very little effort. The services we provide include:
– Professional packing services
– Loading and unloading
– Car shipping
– Storage facilities
– And so much more.
Contact our representatives for more information about our services. They will answer all your questions and provide you with great moving quotes as well. Before you give us a call, you might want to take some time to learn more about the city you are moving to.
Santa Cruz is a city located in Santa Cruz County in the state of California. It lies on the edge of Monterey May. The area that is today the city of Santa Cruz was first inhabited by Native American tribes. Later on, the Spaniards, led by Gaspar de Portola, seized the land and established a settlement. Santa Cruz officially became a city in 1866.
Today, Santa Cruz, also known as Surf City, is one of the favorite tourist destinations in California. It is home to around 60,000 residents, while more than 250,000 live in its metro area. To learn more about the demographics of the city, click here .
Santa Cruz is popular for its mild and pleasant weather. The warm and sunny climate conditions are pretty consistent year round. Winters are somewhat chilly and wet, while summers are mostly dry. Fog is quite frequent in the area, due to the city’s location. If you wish to see the current weather conditions in Santa Cruz, California, as well as a ten-day forecast, click here .
The economy in the city of Santa Cruz mostly relies on tourism, agriculture (and especially organic agriculture), high technology, and education. Santa Cruz is home to a number of large employers, including the University of California at Santa Cruz , the County of Santa Cruz , the City of Santa Cruz , Plantronics , Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk , Costco , Community Bridges , and Threshold Enterprises LTD . Are you planning on finding a job in Santa Cruz once you move? Then we suggest you start your search by clicking here .
You may know a little more about the city now, but what is it actually like living here? The overall cost of living in the city is pretty high – almost twice as high as the national average. However, this is mostly owing to the housing market. An average monthly rent for a 900 square feet furnished home exceeds $2,000. Other things, such as utilities, are more reasonably priced. In fact, utilities are even cheaper than the state average. To see a more in-detail review on costs of living in Santa Cruz, California, click here .
Santa Cruz is home to a number of neighborhoods. They all have their distinct characteristics and charm. Each neighborhood is different, and finding the best one for yourself can be challenging. That is why we at Long Distance Moving Experts have put together a list of the most livable areas of Santa Cruz, California:
– Western Drive. This neighborhood is mostly populated by students, as it is located in close vicinity to the University of California at Santa Cruz. So if you are young and moving to Santa Cruz for college, this just might be the best place for you.
– Seabright. On the opposite part of the city, this neighborhood offers great ocean-front properties. It will definitely make you feel like you are on a never-ending vacation.
– Midtown. This neighborhood is home to charming old houses and rows of fruit trees. It has a homey vibe and is a good place for families. It is within a walking distance from downtown, beach, and a number of attractions.
– Schwan Lake. Mostly populated by young professionals, this area is home to small but homey houses and a number of vacation homes. It is very safe and in close vicinity to the beach. It is also home to a few bars, restaurants, and shops.
Now that you have chosen the right neighborhood for yourself, it is time for you to find a new home. We suggest you start your search here .
Santa Cruz a touristy city. However, this also means that the locals get to enjoy never-ending attractions right at their doorstep. The city has so much to offer. Here are some of our suggestions:
– Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – this amusement park attracts thousands of tourists each season. Two of the rides are even registered as national historic landmarks. The Boardwalk is definitely not just another amusement park.
– The Mystery Spot – this unusual experience is fun for visitors of all ages. Explore the inexplicable phenomena of this place and spend some quality time with your friends or family.
– Wilder Ranch State Park – the park offers several biking and hiking trails, as well as trails for horseback riding. There are designated picnic areas, various exhibits and programs, guided tours, and so much more.
– Seymour Marine Discovery Center – this university-owned museum offers up-close experiences and educational programs about the sea world. You will be able to learn more about what it is marine scientist do, and you may even pet a shark.
– Santa Cruz Surfing Museum – the museum is home to photographs, surfboards, and other artefacts that belonged to famous surfers. Learn about over a century long history of this sport and have some fun.
There is so much more to see and do in Santa Cruz, but we believe you should go out and explore the city yourself. However, if you would like to see more suggestions, click here .
Are you ready to move to Santa Cruz, California? Then contact Long Distance Moving Experts right away and request our free in-home moving estimate. We will make sure your relocation to Santa Cruz from anywhere else in the country is quick and stress-free. All you need to do is give us a call. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Or call us: