- About Us
- Free Estimate
We at Long Distance Moving Experts have been helping Americans move for a long time now. Over years, we have gained a considerable reputation with thousands of satisfied customers. We offer affordable moving services without compromising the quality.
Moving a home is not an easy task. That is why it is important that you choose a company that is reliable. Long Distance Moving Experts are at your disposal. Our professional movers will help you with tips and advice to make your interstate relocation process easier. We can provide you with a wide range of services, including:
– Interstate relocation – residential and corporate
– Long distance car transport – in open or enclosed auto carriers
– Professional packing services – including disassembling, packing, unpacking, and reassembling
– Storage services
– Loading and unloading service
– Moving supplies – including moving boxes, harnesses, plastic wraps, and other packing materials
– And much more.
Are you looking for reliable Milwaukee movers? Then Long Distance Moving Experts is the way to go. But before you give us a call, take some time to read this article and learn more about the place you are moving to.
The city of Milwaukee is the largest one in the state of Wisconsin (although it is not the state capital – Madison is). It is also the seat of Milwaukee County. The city lies on the shores of Lake Michigan.
The first known inhabitants of the area were the tribes of Menominee, Fox, Mascouten, Sauk, Potawatomi, Ojibwe, and Ho-Chunk. Then, in the 17th century, French fur traders started frequenting the area. The city was founded by three men – Solomon Juneau, Byron Kilbourn, and George H. Walker. In the 18th century, they each established their own settlements. However, the cities were such harsh rivals that it was eventually decided that the best way to end their conflicts was to unite them. That is how in 1846, the city of Milwaukee came to be.
Today, Milwaukee is one of the most important cultural and economic centers of the state of Wisconsin. It boasts a great brewing industry and a number of places of interest. It is home to around 600,000 residents. They are referred to as Milwaukeeans.
Milwaukee belongs to the humid continental climate zone. The city’s weather is very changeable. Winters are cold, snowy, and quite windy. The coldest month is January, when the 24-hour average drops as low as 22 °F. Summers are warm and humid. The warmest month is July, with 72 °F as the 24-hour average. Milwaukee is considered to be the second coldest large city in the country. So if you enjoy chilly weather, this is definitely the place for you. If you are interested in seeing the current weather conditions in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as well as a forecast for the next 10 days, click here .
Milwaukee’s economy depends on several industries. These include manufacturing, high technology, finance, service, healthcare, and other. The city is home to six Fortune 500 companies: Johnson Controls, Northwestern Mutual, Manpower, Rockwell Automation, Harley-Davidson, and Joy Global. There are several other large employers in Milwaukee, including Briggs & Stratton, Hal Leonard, Wisconsin Energy, Master Lock, and a number of others. Are you thinking about finding a job once you settle down in Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Then this will be a good place to start your search.
The Education in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If you are moving to Milwaukee with your family (or are planning on starting one once you settle down), you are probably interested in the city’s education system.
The largest school district in the city is Milwaukee Public Schools . In fact, it is the third largest in the country. Some of the magnet schools in the district include:
– Washington High School of Information Technology
– Riverside University High School
– Rufus King High School
– Ronald Wilson Reagan College Preparatory High School
– And a number of other.
And if you are interested in higher education, you will be happy to hear that Milwaukee has quite a bit to offer. The city is home to a number of prominent universities and colleges, including:
– The Art Institute of Wisconsin
– Bryant and Stratton College
– Cardinal Stritch University
– Medical College of Wisconsin
– University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee
– And many others.
Once you have settled down in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, you will definitely want to explore the city. And believe us, Milwaukee will deliver. It is considered the cultural center of the state for a reason.
If you enjoy museums, you will be happy to learn that Milwaukee is home to quite a number of them:
– The Milwaukee Art Museum – this is probably one of the city’s most popular attractions among art lovers;
– The Milwaukee Public Museum – this museum dedicated to natural history and anthropology hosts exhibits from all over the world;
– Milwaukee County Historical Society – what better way to learn about the history of your new city than to visit a museum dedicated to it?
If performing arts are more of your thing, don’t worry. Milwaukee won’t leave you hanging. Some of the best performing arts venues and groups in the city include:
– The Alchemist Theatre
– The Bel Canto Chorus
– Danceworks Performance Company
– First Stage Children’s Theater
– Marcus Center for the Performing Arts
– Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
– Milwaukee Theatre
– Milwaukee Youth Arts Center
– Milwaukee Ballet
– And so many others.
Are you an avid festival-goer? Then you probably already know that Milwaukee has been dubbed “the city of festivals”. It hosts a number of events throughout the year. Some of the biggest and best ones include:
– Summerfest – one of the largest annual music festivals in the world
– Polish Fest – the largest festival dedicated to Polish culture in the United States
– Trainfest – the largest railroad show in the country
– Bastille Days – a festival dedicated to French cultural heritage
– Festa Italiana – an event in honor of Italy and its culture.
All this sounds simply amazing, doesn’t it? But the truth is, we haven’t even reached the best part yet. And that is the fact that the city of Milwaukee is one of the most prominent international brewing centers. This is largely owing to a large German population in the area. Throughout history, Milwaukee was home to four of the largest beer breweries in the world! If you are a fan of craft beer, you should definitely keep these places in mind:
– Lakefront Brewery
– Miller Brewing Company
– Sprecher Brewery
– Joseph Schlitz Brewing Company
– The Brewery
If you are interested in taking one of the numerous beer brewing tours in the city, click here .
Are you ready to move to Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Then what are you waiting for? Give Long Distance Moving Experts a call and we will make sure you get there in no time. We will provide you with the best moving services. All you have to do is contact us and request a free moving price estimate. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Or call us: