Moving on your own without hiring the help of a moving company is a concept that has been gaining a lot of popularity in recent years. This proactive approach to the moving process can most times results in a gratifying sense of resourcefulness, independence, and self-confidence. However, when you do not have enough experience and try to manage the moving process on their own regardless of the difficulty of the process or the severity of the issue in question such as it takes a lot of time, money and energy might be lost without achieving any satisfying results.
With the help of a professional moving company, on the other hand, you will be able to complete your move with much higher speed and efficiency, as professional movers have the necessary skills and the needed knowledge to provide the best solution to any problematic situation that might arise.
How moving companies can help you
Moving is a process where experience and competence can be the difference between success and failure. So, if you are planning on moving and find yourself asking “Should I hire a moving company or move on my own?”, consider the following benefits of moving with the help of a professional moving company:
Several indisputable facts prove that hiring a highly experienced and professional moving company’sservices is the most useful choice when moving long distance:
1) Safety – the professional moving companies’ employees are trained to use the most efficient moving techniques so that your household belongings are properly packed, shipped safely and promptly deliver all of your things to your new home in one piece. Adequate packing techniques to prevent shifting inside the moving boxes during shipping, careful navigation down narrow corridors and steep staircases, proper loading onto the moving trucks, securing your things in the moving truck and competent driving will help to account for the safety of all of your household items.
2) Efficiency – the moving company you hire will work with excellent speed to pack and load all of your household possessions, using the maximum available capacity of the moving truck. You will be able to save a lot of time and space thanks to the sophisticated approach of the moving company that you hire.
3) Knowledge – professional and experienced movers know the best ways to complete the job. They know the proper ways to pack and handle heavy and bulky objects, oddly-shaped pieces of furniture and sensitive electronics, so all of your things will be efficiently transferred onto the moving truck and then promptly into your new house. Additionally, the movers know the most if not all of the safest and shortest routes to get your things to their final destination and are very familiar with all the ways that will allow them to avoid any traffic jams or parking problems.
So, why should you hire a professional moving company? Because experience matters and a good moving company can provide results, reliability, efficiently, safely, quickly and will give you peace of mind during the move.
Proper moving equipment
Another factor that helps to ensure the successful outcome of the moving process when you take advantage of the professional moving services that moving companies provide is the advanced and specialized equipment used during the moving process
- Packing supplies – professional movers will use only new moving boxes, bubble-wrap, packing peanuts, etc. to provide maximum protection for your fragile and expensive possessions. This option might be more expensive than using old pieces of clothing and newspapers, but the good condition of your cherished belongings is definitely worth the effort.
- Professional moving vehicles – when you hire a professional moving company, they will send the exact type of moving vehicle or vehicles that you will need to move all of your household belongings successfully. You won’t have to spend any time looking into what type and size of moving truck you will need to rent or waste hours trying to fit your couch into your friend’s pick-up.
- Special equipment – you can easily rent a moving dolly for your relocation or buy the tools you will need to dismantle your furniture, but you will have to determine what you are going to need and then procure it. Professional movers will come equipped with a full range of tools and materials, from moving pads and moving blankets to moving platforms and everything in between.
Using the proper equipment will help you to save a lot of time and effort and helps to prevent damages.
Save time and convenience
Gaining extra time and avoiding most of the stress typically associated with the moving process are also some of the most important reasons to hire the services of a reliable and professional moving company:
- The moving company will handle all of the difficult tasks such as lifting and carrying all of your heavy and bulky objects or even packing your whole household, giving you enough time to take care of other vital tasks.
- A team of movers will work on the strenuous parts of the move using the proper equipment which will lower any risk of accidents, injuries and property damage.
- Professional moving companies provide a wide variety of extra moving services to help with your move, packing services, professional disassembly and reassembly of pieces of furniture, storage units, etc. to make your move faster and easier to complete, as well as being more convenient and less stressful.
- The movers are really good at their job, be it making a large awkwardly-shaped piece of furniture fit through a door, how to find a safe route out of your old home, organizing your things and label the moving boxes, etc. Take advantage of their moving skills, and you will find that the moving process will be much easier to complete.
- You will be told the final cost of moving beforehand, request a written moving estimate when looking for a moving company, and you won’t be surprised by any unexpected or hidden moving expenses. The moving estimate will include all the charges like materials, labor, shipping, extra fees, etc. Just research moving companies well to avoid scams and carefully read the movers’ paperwork to make sure that you understand and agree with all the points in the Bill of Lading.
- You will not have to bother your family and friends when you hire a professional moving company, and you won’t require any extra assistance from your friends or family. Instead, you are going to have the time to say your goodbyes properly.
When you hire a moving company, your personal things will be insured. The moving company is accountable for the move and will accept liability for any damage that might be sustained by your properly packed belongings while they are in the care of the moving company. So, the moving company will do their best to make sure that all of your items arrive at your new home safely, quickly and in good condition.
Of course, it is up to you to select the most appropriate liability protection plan for you or even to purchase any additional moving insurance especially if you are planning on moving items of great sentimental or monetary value.
Flexible storage unit options
Whether your new place of residence isn’t ready yet, or you are moving to temporary housing for a few months, or you are downsizing and do not have enough space for all of your possessions, know that the moving company you hire can provide a solution. You can have your things kept in storage units with short-term or long-term storage options. Storage units come at an additional charge but might prove to be very convenient and will help to ensure your peace of mind as your things will be protected from theft or damage
How much will it cost
The cost of hiring a moving company is usually what makes people hesitate on whether or not to hire them or not. However, when you calculate the expenses for purchasing the necessary packing supplies, renting a moving truck, paying for fuel, parking fees, vehicle insurance, road tolls, etc. The price for hiring professionals might even turn out to be less if not roughly the same. Not to mention the cost of medical bills in the unfortunate event of an injury or the costs for repairing or replacing any belongings that get damaged as a result of inappropriate handling, not to mention the time and the stress involved in the moving process, too. In the long run, you might actually save money by hiring a moving company.
Lastly, aside from all the advantages mentioned above, using the services of professional movers will help to relieve a lot of stress and make sure that you have peace of mind. You can’t put a price tag on that, can you?